Skype
Leqver

When life gives you lemon When life gives you lemon

Cute game, the objective of using the lemons to trade for ingredients, interact with the characters, and find the multiple endings is pretty clear, though lacking intricacy. It's a shame you lost the files for the game, because it's off to a good start.

Your style has a pleasing sense of originality, and if you ever do decide to work on a remake, I would add medals for the different endings or possibly show which ones were collected so far as each are found. It would keep track of them a bit easier.

Sour91Apple responds:

Thank you so much for the feedback. The game was intended to have a list of achieved endings; unfortunately, it's one of the things I didn't get to do.

Bedford Manor Bedford Manor

Interesting, though it could use a few things.

First of all, since there's no other kind of interaction besides reading the text and clicking on the different options, it will eventually get boring if there isn't something else added to keep the player's attention. There's no music or sound effects to give the game a sense of atmosphere, something to continue drawing you in. You don't need all kinds of selections, but even something like different sound effects would give it dimension.

I would also include illustrations every now and then of the different scenes/environment, maybe adding a faded illustration to the background for a sense of where the characters are at in the story. Even adding a little colour would be positive since the entire screen is white (besides the text, of course). It gets to be a little hard on the eyes since the colours are so contrasting.

You will need to fix the coding, though. I replayed the game multiple times to make sure it wasn't just my computer and came to the conclusion that each time I progressed to certain actions (choosing whether to follow Jake or Brad upon entering the house, any of the options after following Brad up the stairs, etc.), I could not progress. The text would not rise and continue on, and I really couldn't get passed it unless I reloaded the page and chose a different action. Also, the spelling and grammar should be checked, but that's minor.

I've played a few text-based games and this one is coming along well comparatively, but it still looks to be in progress. As a side note, reaching the different endings would make good medals if you decide to use them. If you ever want help writing another game like this or even assistance on this one later on, message me; I'd love to help out and better my skills. Though I haven't done anything professional, it's still a favorite past time.

azureda responds:

Hey Kanichen.

Thanks for your awesome feedback! Yes, the game is definitely a work in progress. I'm very concerned about the crashing - I'll be sure to make a more stable game next time.

Originally, my idea was to not include any pictures or music so that the player can "use their imagination." For the next game though, I'll definately include some visualments to keep it more interesting!

cave run 3d cave run 3d

After doing a little searching, I found the Unity3D plugin necessary to play the game. I would write in the Author Comments that it should be downloaded beforehand, otherwise players will see this error message:

This submission is not compatible with your device:
Requires Unity3D plugin
Unsuitable for touchscreen devices

The game is pretty solid, it's pretty self explanatory as these are so popular. Its mechanics were easy to figure out and the playing area was amusing to watch go by. The only thing I would fix is that after I played for a decent while, the point of the game kind of changed from gathering all of the jewels to just being able to avoid the enormous amount of obstacles. I don't know if there's an end to the game or if you just have to get the highest score possible, but the obstacles got rather annoying after a while.

3/5 It's alright overall.

Erasmi Erasmi

Erasmi could be made into a game if you give it a background, levels, or some kind of complexity. As it is now, though, it's really not much more than something to amuse yourself with and move on.

The face morphing isn't something I come across a lot, but you could really do a lot more by adding detail in general. Make a storyline for the player to focus on achieving to continue through the game, add more pictures to morph, etc. It's much too short to be a game as it is.

I also found a glitch where, if you turn the cross fast enough, the morphing effect reverses. I have it at the original position with the mouth fully opened and the eyes stretched, but it still shows the normal pupils stretched also. Turning the cross makes the picture return, but the morphed eyes flash before the picture returns to normal. Also, how does the title relate to the gameplay? Is there supposed to be a sort of connection, or does it just allude to the contents?

All in all, it just needs to be worked on more. You have something going, just keep at it. :)

klanco responds:

Thanks! Impressive feedback!

Yeah it's pretty rough but I wanted to show it anyway. The thing is I didn't want it becoming a game just a face morphing thing-y? so I added, the cross button. That's not a good game pitch for start.

I have to admit I was very lazy with glitches.

Regreso a casa Regreso a casa

Again, the game could have potential, but there are major things that need to be fixed. No Face is a little tedious to avoid but it isn't as outstanding of a problem as falling off of the map completely somewhere in chapter 2. I don't know if anyone else has had that problem, but it is an enormous issue. Also, the bottom of the playing field is visible during the times where the character hides in a ditch from No Face, mind you.

The music is good, but take out the crying witch noise from Left 4 Dead. Really, it's like you pieced nearly the entire game together with other series' parts, between hearing the bell from LOZ, the witch, No Face, and a design stunningly similar to Limbo. Good luck in making other games though.

Goliath The Soothsayer Goliath The Soothsayer

I'm not going to say I ever was scared..

..but it did make me surprised at a few parts (the spirit floating above the bed and the hand coming out of the Ouija board). Great game and great detail!

The Blocked Tunnel The Blocked Tunnel

I really did like this.

I always find it more worthwhile to play games that feature hand-made art, such as what you did here. If you don't mind, how did you get the textures and what sort of paints were involved?

BlackLight BlackLight

I guess I can see how this is today's best.

This game, among other art games, is thought provoking, but it's just too short for my tastes to be a game. It's really only going though a couple scenes, an animation, and that's it. This has potential, but add more.

CloudEater responds:

Yes it is quite short :s , fahotns

Popular! Popular!

An "american version of Naruto?"

This game is a disgrace to the Naruto series. You could at least come up with your own music instead of copying someone else's and calling it a tribute of some sort. Not only is the storyline copied, but the game is just horrible in itself. You need a lot of work.

A Knight's Quest A Knight's Quest

One of the better pixel games I've played.

Smooth graphics, good storyline, you really put a lot of effort into this. I like it! Can't wait to see what the next one will be. :D