Skype
Leqver

All 13 art Reviews

SBD:RatsInTheWalls:2pageSpread SBD:RatsInTheWalls:2pageSpread

So, you're doing a storybook spread to be used with the story, meaning that you're going to make one for each portion of the story until you finish it? Or are these supposed to be samples? Either way, it's odd, but really interesting. The idea is fresh compared to most intricate things I see around here. If this is only an assignment, you should still play with it and see what other designs you can make for the page samples.

LamoureuxArt responds:

Thanks! it was actually just a school assignment haha

Rose Rose

I like it. The swirling effect continued throughout the woman's hair and replicated in the flowers that cover her body and makes up the foreground and background are blended well. I'm not a fan of the bone structure revealed from the liquid just because I usually work with more realism anyhow.

What I say you could improve and look for on your future works is how the thickness of the body parts change (or thins out, rather) as the length is ascended. The woman's left forearm, or the one above and beyond her head shouldn't be so thick. It seems like the entire arm is a lot longer than it should be. Also, where her bangs meet her forehead, there are lines that indicate they separate, but there is still a defining line that is pushed all the way across (imagine a colouring book, where everything is outlined). To keep the natural effect of her hair throughout the picture, the edges should be even just a little bit jagged.

All in all, 4/5. Nice work, you have a good style.

Hands and Feet, raaawrr... Hands and Feet, raaawrr...

I love looking through your full figure and smaller sketches, your realistic portrayal is admirable as well as distinguishing. I really have no solid criticism on this submission in particular because they are practice sketches (yet still in great perspective), though when shading I would make sure not to make the shadows look like pencil squiggles. Either blending a bit or just going over the area smoothly should suffice.

Cheers!

Luciaea responds:

Thanks for the review! Glad you like looking through my work. I'm still working on using my skills when under time-stress... you're right, I should focus on making that shading more precise.

Thanks again :)

Take my wish back Take my wish back

Someone I know did this, they folded one thousand small, paper cranes for another and kept them all in a clear cylinder so they could be admired. It was a sweet project, the numerous amounts of patterns, colours, and textures were compelling to look through.

I really like the texture you gave the hair, adding whisps of light among the shaded areas as well as the lighter. I would also pay attention to the texture of the clothing and how the light source casts shadows, most materials have a pattern that can be replicated for an even more fitting sense of realism.

''Say what again!!'' ''Say what again!!''

Extremely lifelike! This is great work, your skills in realism are amazing.

The only thing I can really suggest is maybe adding more shapes to the background, it looks almost two toned, even with the shading, except for the wall ornament to the left side.

Still, fantastic!

Pluricorn Pluricorn

I wouldn't want to run across that shit in the woods.

Interesting background on the piece, the twist in how people see unicorns is refreshing. I would be careful on how you shade the muscle structure of the legs, some areas look a lot more prominent than they are. Or did you mean to, showing how skeletal looking the Pluricorn is? Also the front right knee looks wonky, but I can see how it's hard to show the perspective when it's pointing in the direction you're looking from.

How you detailed the head (since it's so significant, of course) is great, giving the eye a glazed over look from madness was a positive add.

Overall, just make sure to look at less significant details. Nice!

Xaltotun responds:

Me neither. Although I would like to see it from a safe distance. I exagerated the musculature on purpose to look more menacing, but I'm not really much familiar with horse anatomy, so I may have misplaced something here and there. Sorry. Thanks for the review!

Ashbane Ashbane

Done with your new scanner? Did you touch it up on the computer afterwards or are you just a coloring god? I can see how you would use ink or markers, though it the highlights and lowlights in some places (the torn red cloth and the shadows in the banner on the building to the left of it perhaps) look like they could've been edited after scanning.

Either way, this is a fantastic background. I admire your illustrative style and attention to detail. Great job with the perspective even without using a ruler, the way the buildings curve give the picture an interesting looming feeling. : D

Hyptosis responds:

Thanks for the kind words! It is all colored in photoshop, and all drawn and inked on paper. And scanned with my new scanner yes! <3 Thanks!

An unwelcome encounter An unwelcome encounter

I find it hilarious and amazing how you made it to the front page without being scouted so far. I will not be the one to spoil it. :D

Bravo, bravo.

5/5 because I cannot see my vote.

Take Me Out Of Here Take Me Out Of Here

Ah, and here I thought this would be a wonderous project of a dragon, yet it has turned out to be so much more, unveiling the thoughts and ideas behind the creator's mind.

Such a "door" is not a door or a window to a separate universe but is the very door that is also a lock and a key in itself. This lock, unlocked only by its key, opens the door to a whole universe that has yet to be realized.

You, the very door and lock that needs to be unlocked to open said door, are the only key to this lock.

aniadraws responds:

it could be a dragon.. it could be anything you imagine :) thank you for this amazing comment :)

invisibledude invisibledude

I always like illustrations like this.

Did you make this on a computer or with a certain media?

UnderARock responds:

pen,pencil,ink and markers my friend